Wednesday 19 January 2011

A new garden tick and a extension of my ringing experience.

So the bleary eyed teenager stumbles out of bed ready to get out of the door, but I'm glad I decided to check the newly moved feeders because a stunning male Brambling was sat on the perch of a...nyger feeder? Not sure if anyone else can claim this kind of behavior but I considered it quite strange.

Ringing this afternoon, or should I say 'titting' produced all tits but 2 Nuthatches, 1 a retrap the other to ring, a first for myself though i have retrapped a couple beforehand.

Elsea Woods site 18/01
Many Great tit
Many Blue tit
1 Coal tit (1 retrap)
1 Nuthatch (1 retrap)
Total: 38 (+35 from Alan and Bob's attempt at Bourne Woods site, 1 New Common Redpoll and 6 New Lesser Redpoll, many retraps)

No comments:

Post a Comment