Monday 14 February 2011

A saturday at Titchwell...

Instead of the usual ringing antics I decided to go on a proper birding trip, something I haven't done in a while. Not in the twitching habit meant I was not aware of missing out on Northern Harrier by a couple of days, but did catch up with a couple of birds that I haven't seen in a while!

First bird on the list being Marsh Harrier, always lovely to come across!




The photo's are all rather sketchy as I'm still getting in touch with the new lens, this was at full 600mm without tripod so was never gonna be a wall hanger.

We scanned the waters on the lagoons, plenty of Lapwing and Golden Plover, lovely birds. Redshank also everywhere. Spotted Redshank however were not everywhere, one bird was very confiding in us and let me get a few shots, all unfortunatley not showing its best side...


A massive float of Common Scoter were off the coast, 1000+! Admittedly this is a new bird for myself, never done a proper sea watch or scanned for such.

Plenty of Ruff, Pintail, Shoveler and Avocet were present on the lagoon with the Lapwings and Golden Plover after further inspection.



No comments:

Post a Comment