Tuesday 8 March 2011

Cor blimey its spring!

...or should I say 'Corn' blimey. Pardon the awful pun there but I was very surprised to see my first Chiffchaff of the year on the 5th March! That coupled with displaying Lapwings was a sure sign on a fairly wintery day that the future is looking a little brighter.

In the past years we have noticed that March is Corn Bunting month, we rarely catch them before then and after the others retrapped a bird from last year this time round, I wasnt greatly surprised when Alan reached to grab the B+'s without telling me of the hidden bunting in the bag, I'm sharper than I look ;)

Northorpe Fen- 5/03
12 Brambling
1 Corn Bunting
82 birds ringed

200 Redpoll at Bob's garden last week, couldnt ring as he was away, the better stick around before they move back to there summer haunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment